Thursday, January 20, 2011

day 12- How you found out about blogger and why you have a blog

I found out a while ago at conference about blogging. I had thought about it before but didn't think that I would have time to do anything like that. But then I start noticing how much my family was out of the loop with all the medical things that goes on in my house and some close family didn't even know anything had happened until our 4th ER visit or our 2nd surgery. Then I was on the phone lots retelling the story of what is going on over and over. Finally I decided that "Heck, why not try this blogging business and maybe it will help me not have to retell the story over and over."

I have my blogs to help others and to keep family that lives far away informed about the happenings in our house, since there is so much that happens.

With some syndromes there are support groups and meetings and fun things for families and kids with the same issues are all able to come together and talk about what has helped them and the problems they are facing. Well... Our kids are not like other kids. There is really no one that we can do that with which can be really hard. We are part of some great organizations that help families with kids that have terminal illnesses or syndromes. They do some great things nad they mean so much to me but I just wish that we could relate with someone. So I am hoping to help others out there that might know of someone like my boys, and get info to them on what we have been through.

I have been thinking about starting another blog about what has worked and what hasn't. What the resources are out there for families like mine. I would love some input if you think that is a good idea or not.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers