Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Catching up with life

Wow after that last post I was exhausted. LOL I don't blame me it was tiring.

I have great news.... We found Rhett's hearing aid at the park where we saw the fireworks. It was there today and we found it! I am so excited since the 1 hearing aid was $6000! I was praying all day that we would find it and we did! I can't stop thanking the Lord for the blessing of us finding such a valuable piece of equipment.

This was a crazy week seeing as Rhett was going to go to scout camp and the doctor said that he couldn't. So Monday on the 26th we went to Lagoon on our bounce back and the kids had a great time! We played in the water and went on rides and by the end of the day we all were so tired that we had a fun time getting home. Just kidding daddy was great to drive and he stayed awake very easy. All the kids fell asleep. :) I knew they were tired.

Tuesday we stayed home and cleaned like crazy. It was great since we really needed that and after the house was all clean and the kids did what they were asked they were able to play games and had a ton of fun. It was great getting the house clean and the kids had fun playing the clean up game and then playing video games after. It was like a day of playing!

Wednesday was a fun day. At first I had a business meeting and I went with a business associate of mine. After that I took her home to find out she didn't have power so she really had nothing to do. I invited her to go to the zoo with my family since we were planning on doing that right after the meeting. After she got ready to go to the zoo I came home to get myself ready and the rest of the family. As soon as we were ready we left for the zoo. We had a ton of fun walking around and seeing the animals even though it was hot outside. The kids had fun and so did all us adults. We went on the train ride twice and the kids all rode the merry-go-round. LOL! The baby elephant was super cute! After the Zoo we took my business associate home and then we went to the store to get things for lunches for Rhett and daddy to take to scout camp. We all came home and went straight to bed.

Thursday was the first day of scout camp that Rhett was able to go to at Camp Tracy! I was so excited since it was closer than Camp Evergreen and it was lower in elevation. Well daddy took Rhett to camp me and the other kids hung out at home cleaned and played on Thursday. I have been deep cleaning and going through a whole bunch of things to sell at a yard sale that was coming up.

Friday morning daddy and Rhett were running around packing for scout camp they really wanted to spend the night since they had that option. Man they took a ton of oxygen and a tent and everything that they would need or at least they hope they had taken everything that they needed. They left first thing in the morning and went to camp. I was here packing up as much things that I could that I had gathered for the yard sale. I took the other kids and all the stuff that I had gathered up to my parents house for the yard sale. We spent the night since Rhett and daddy weren't back I figured they were spending the night. Saturday morning was the beginning of the yard sale.

It was a good thing that we stayed the night since we were up at 5 am setting things out and trying to get everything ready for 7am. Between me, my sister and my mom and dad we sold as much as we could in less than 8 hours. Then we loaded everything that we hadn't sold and taken it to DI since we just don't have the time to keep it and do it again and again. I ended up getting a headache from the heat since I didn't drink enough water and was out there the whole time. My dad at the very beginning of the yard sale accidentally spilled water on on my laptop and was so sorry and sad that he had done that. I wasn't even mad I was sad praying that it would still work, and guess what it is working fine! :) Between the heat of the day and me drying it off as much as I could nothing to worry about at the moment since there is nothing I can do about it. Rhett called me after he got home but it was in the middle of kids fighting and I told him that I would call him back. After I got home with the other kids Rhett told me that he had fun and didn't say too much about it other than that. LOL!! I found out that all the councilors loved Rhett and he was able to do so much. There was one that was in charge or the archery area that told Rhett that he could have the bow that he used when he was younger. He called after he was off work and actually brought the bow over to our house with his brother. I was amazed that they were so nice to him to do that for him. Those bows are over a few hundred dollars. Thank you!! I went to bed before 10 pm that night I was so tired from that yard sale that there was nothing that I could do to stay awake.

Sunday I was looking forward to church. But I woke up with a massive migraine and just wanted to throw up. I was able to take my OPC-3 and some ibuprofen and went back to sleep on the couch since Dylan was so lovable and caring and woke me up at 6 am if not before that. I slept until noon! Finally my head wasn't hurting but I woke to find out that I had missed church. :( But I was able to recover from a week that had really worn me out. There is still much cleaning and boxing and sorting that had to be done but thankfully I don't have to worry about getting things for a yard sale. :)

Maybe this week will be less eventful so that way I can get things done that need to be done and I will have the energy to do everything that I need to do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers