Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a weekend!

As some of you may know out here in Utah we have what is called the Days of 47'. This is on July 24th, and it is to celebrate when the pioneers came to Utah. There is a huge parade and fireworks and many activity's to do that whole day.

As our normal we went to the parade that morning at 7 am even though it doesn't start until 9 am. It gets more and more packed every year. We get there so early to save a place for my family and any friends that want to sit with us. After it was over we were leaving and the city started cleaning. I was so not happy this year with them cleaning right after the parade was over. They didn't even give people time to pack up all of there stuff and leave. They were blowing dirt and what ever else was on the sidewalks into people as they were trying their hardest to get everything picked up and leave. I will be contacting the city in the morning for sure.

We came home and had a BBQ. Kids love cooking outside while they play in the water. Thank goodness that Dylan slept the whole time we were home and then we woke him at 3 pm to get our seats at the park for the fireworks later that night. We always wit in the same spot since it is close to the bathrooms and you can see the fireworks just fine almost right above your heads. After we arrived Rhett said were are my hearing aids? I was so not happy to hear that since he is responsible for them. I took them from him when he asked me to take them inside for him so he could play in the water. I hadn't seen them since then. My husband said that they were looking for batteries and didn't find them. Let's just pray that we have the hearing aid at home and it didn't fall out of his pocket anywhere since they are about $6000 each. Yes he has one but not the other one. Anyways back to the story we save a place for family and friends that want to come and enjoy the company and the show. Come to find out the bathroom were closed this year. No idea why but they were. That meant the closest bathroom was the line of port-a-potty that were about 2 blocks away! I was so mad! I called the city to find out that they were closed and there was nothing that they were going to do. Going to be contacting them about that tomorrow too. I informed my family and my sister who also has small children refused to come and my parents couldn't come since my dad has MS and is not about to walk very far to get to the bathroom. So it was just our little family for the first time ever and man it was very lonely. :( As it was finally getting darker we were counting down until the fireworks.

Gavin and Dylan were both really really really tired and it was interesting trying to keep them awake. They were awake very quickly as soon as the show started with some big booms. It started right about 10:01 pm since I had looked at my phone right before they went off. It was ok not the best but oh well. The kids enjoyed it lots. Everything was going fine until... I saw one that was right next to the ground go off. I sat up and was watching. Everything after that happened so fast. The next thing I know there are fireworks being shot into the crowd that was about a small block south from us. There were tons it just kept going. People were screaming and running. As soon as I saw people start to run I jumped up and prayed that everyone that was not in the line of fire would not run since all my kids were laying on the ground. I was being the over protective mom that I am. As those were going off into the crowd there was one that flew over our head and tried to hit the house behind us. It was very nerve racking to think how many people were watching over there and how many were probably hurt. As soon as the fireworks stopped they kept shooting them into the sky and finished I guess as fast as they could. I don't know for sure but then the police was swarming and fire trucks were brought in. I told my husband hear that there is the ambulance, he looked up and saw a police motorcycle. And then told me after the 4th time of me saying that very thing if you are going to say there is an ambulance again you are wrong. I made him look up and pointed and said it is right there. He was like oh. LOL! Your wife is smart! By the time we had everything packed up and was ready to head out to the car there were 3 fire trucks and 4 ambulances. It was crazy the police had to stop people from walking so they could get to the injured people. I was very grateful that my kids were not hurt during this event.

We have a lot set up for this week pray that it goes off with out any problems. I will post more as soon as I can. When my camera starts working again I will post pictures.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers