Monday, January 11, 2010

A new week

Well this is a new week and a scary on at that. Sent Rhett back to school and man I am nervous! The thing is he is on 4 liters and refuses to take his concentrator so he has to have his oxygen changed as soon as it runs out. Oh the stresses! I am so worried... he had a very hard night last night and still woke up early but then fell back asleep just like I did. LOL! Ok so because his machine is beeping all night it keeps me awake. So of course I don't get a lot of sleep and neither does he. What a life! We are both not sleeping but I know that if he doesn't wear the mask that he is suppose to wear at night the doctor said he would end up with a trach and on a respirator. Just the thought makes me cry! What can I do as a mom to help him. I did explain it to him but he is moving around so much in his sleep that it is making me crazy. Thinking of moving for better air quality but the doctor told me that the altitude would make it harder for him to breathe. So should I make him stay in the worst air in the nation or try to get us to a safer place to breathe? hummm... The choices. I feel so torn.

The teacher called to let me know that he had changed the oxygen and it helped me not stress so much, but with these bad nights that he has had lately I can't help but stress even if it is a little. Last night was really hard his machine just keep beeping at me and I am so seriously about ready to put an ax in his dumb machine and get a new one. Holy cow I can hear the machine in my room from his room and that is listening to a movie too. It wasn't that loud but each time I hear that machine I just wonder what is going on with him. He woke up at 3 am and decided he was finished wearing his bypap and put his oxygen back on which I was grateful for. Oh well at least he had his oxygen on. It is hard whenever we go any place we are carrying around tanks of oxygen since he doesn't like his concentrator anymore. Oh that reminds me I need to check on a different one. Oh the things I have to do...

Nikole has been crying every night because she misses Rosa. We dropped Rosa off at a friends house on Thursday the 7th and Nikole misses her so much. I miss her too since she would cuddle with me after all the kids were in bed. She asks everyday if she can go see Rosa and usually it is night so I have to tell her no but I hope it can become a usual stop to see Rosa since the doctors told me that the cat cannot come home. Oh heck! The things that my children are missing out on. I wish I had a room that wasn't part of the venting for the house and was shut off or even another house that was Nikole could have her cat there and take care of her and play with her every day and the dander wouldn't bother Rhett at all. That would be the most amazing thing ever! I just now have to think of to get her this birthday for taking a birthday present away from her. If you have any idea I am so open for ideas.

Gavin is doing so well and is expressing himself more nicely and with words then he use to. He is growing up so quickly. :( Make me so sad because I miss my babies! He did a sharing time with his class today and loved every moment! He was so happy to share what his family does with his class and they asked great questions and was very polite toward him. It was so cute to walk into his class and seeing all the kids doing the chicken dance and then isty bitsy spider and then head shoulder knees and toes. Kids can be so cute when they are all playing and having fun. So glad that he loves to go to school and has some friends there too. :) He loves telling me about his day and for that I am grateful that way I know what he is learning.

Dylan is waking up way too early like Rhett but then I get to put him down for a nap at 9 to 10 am. It is great! :) He was trying to sign a few more signs today and I understood him! I know I am shocked! But it isn't a bad shock. He loves playing and getting attention. I just love his smile! He looks so much like Rhett did when Rhett was little. But he is growing up and I miss having a baby! :( Not a good thing. I am grateful that he is starting to want to communicate more. We will see what we can get done tomorrow since he likes to be a big helper and that isn't a bad thing it is just cute to see him help mommy. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers