Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh boy!

Well we went to see the orthopedic doctor and had to see what he had to say. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't ugly either.

He asked me what was going on and when I told him that his lungs haven't grown in 3 years he asked who said that and I let him know that the pulmonologist gave me that information. He asked if they said that and I said y es and asked me how come they said that and told him that the PFT(pulmonary function test) had the same numbers on it as it did when he was 7 years old. So he pulled up the results and looked them over. I did tell him that he had no signs of pulmonary hypertension but if things are they way they are going to be then it is only a matter of time before it comes back. He did agree with me and said that oxygen was a good thing. Rhett was not happy to hear that but he has always wanted to be off oxygen since he was placed on it. So he looked Rhett over and I had asked for so much information that he was soon rendered speechless. :) I am super good at that. Well after he did look over Rhett he determined that before the next surgery they want to get a CT scan and that way they can get the lung volume to see what is going on. So he has a CT scheduled in March and a surgery in April. I am going to ask the doctors to do a CT scan either in May or June to see if they the surgeries are working. Oh well just one day at a time.

This whole thing has been a roller coaster ride and I wish that I could make life easier for my family as we are riding the roller coaster. I felt really bad that I have no place to have the kids play. It isn't like Rhett and Dylan can go outside and actually play. Now that it is getting cold they are kinda stuck for the most part inside because they have a hard time regulating their body temperatures. It makes me feel like I am not a very good parent because I cannot give my children things that they could use as they go through a hard time in their live. I know that if I was able to have my business up and going more then it is now then it would be different. It is all in the Lord's hands, but I am going to do all that he asks me to do anyway.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers