Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WHAT!!!!

Took Rhett to the post op appointment and met with the surgeon and ask questions. Rhett's big question was why am I still numb on the left side of his abdomen. :) It is really bothering him, anyways the doctors response was "I don't know." What!!!! Why can't you know that? You were the one that cut him open...

So my questions were a little more involved.

"Why was this surgery more aggressive then the surgeries before?"

"We are trying to get lung volume and if we don't get it we will stop doing the surgeries. Are you all signed up for the next surgery. Make sure you do that."

In my mind I was like you are never touching my kid again.

Talked it out with my husband and we are both going to try to get all the important doctors together and decide if it is a good idea to do more surgeries or just to stop and the affect that it would have on his life and what we should probably do as a family to help all of us get through this year and maybe even next year.

He has healed well even though this last surgery was really hard on his little body.

The doctor is think about being as aggressive or even more so the next surgery so I am really not liking the idea as you can probably tell.

Nikole really wants to go to summer school and I am not sure if I want her there, but not having to worry about her for half the day for a month sounds pretty good and it would be nice if she were able to play with her friends and stuff.

Rhett would love to do that but can I trust them with his oxygen needs and all that other medical needs that he has? Still pondering that one.

2 comments:

brigette said...

So sorry!! I hope you guys get some anwsers!! That is so frustrating!! Keeping you in my prayers!!

Andrea said...

Thanks. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers