Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So Frustrated a rant

So what should I do when I fell like doctors are going too far?

After this surgery that Rhett had I am very frustrated to see how much pain he is in.
The doctor said that he was very aggressive and it is my son that is suffering.
Don't they understand that I have to see him every day.
I ache each time I see him since I think they went to far, of course I put everything on the line.
He is so bruised and battered.
He had a huge drain and it really hurt and there is still a hole where they took it out.
Yes they did bandage it but it was HUGE!
He has 5 bandages on his back and is not eating very much,
not drinking very much,
not moving very much,
not taking pain meds as much as he should.
I want to cry wondering what I did to my baby!

His shoulders have risen to the point that for me it looks like he doesn't have much of a neck like he used to. It almost looks like he is shrugging a little.
He looks like he is hunched over to me which is very sad for me to see him not stand up straight.

What have I done?
How can I change what I did?
How much more does he have to go through?
Is he mad at me for putting him through this surgery?
Do I really know best?
How can any mother do this to their child?

Can you tell I have a lot on my mind?
What would you have done in my shoes?
I would love some feedback...

I will post pictures tomorrow when I am more awake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you guys are having a hard time! Try to not be too hard on yourself. We all try to do what's best for our children, and sometimes there just isn't a right answer when we need it. You've had to deal with so much, and you have been trying your best. That's all you can do, and your children know that, and they know you love them. Try to hand in there, we'll keep you in our prayers!

brigette said...

I am so sorry!! I totally understand what you mean!! If there is anything I can do to help dont hesitate to ask!!! Thinking of your family and praying for a quick recovery!!!

Emily said...

Sweet Chica - don't forget that many a parent has these types of feelings. We mommies have a hard job - and you're doing the best you know how. I think you're amazing! Rhett is a special boy and he knows you love him. We're praying for him, and for you, too. Hang in there and know you're loved. Call anytime. :)

R M Emerson Jr. said...

My mom was asking me about you guys the other day. And let me tell you what she told me.

"kori, when you were little and you had to have those horrid surgeries, and I had to sit with you on morphine and O2, See your cute little face as you went in and saw your pale little face when you came out.. I said. Lord, If it gets to the point where she is merely breathing,, and I am only doing this to keep her around. Let me have the strength to let her LIVE . Let me let her have a life. Not only to exist. And let me have the strength to let her go."
She said that was the longest most painful prayer she has said. And that she knew that she would make it . And be the best mom and do the Best for ME not what was best for her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers