Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rhett's motorcross

Rhett has an amazing time yesterday. He was chosen to be honored at Utah Winter Cross with the UHP (Utah Highway Patrol) and Make a Wish. On Tuesday this last week we went bowling with the riders of the Winter Cross and the UHP. It was awesome! I will have to post pictures later. Then on Saturday A UHP super awesome officer came to our house to pick Rhett up and take him up to Heber from our house to watch the Winter Cross Games. Rhett was so excited! He couldn't stop grinning. It is nice to see him smile like this with the unknown in front of us and having to worry about so much all the time.

Looking at the pictures that I took makes me want to cry and I don't even know why. Not sure if something is trying to tell me something or not... I guess I hate thinking too much about the future since I can't stand having my heart stomped on more. Just take it one day at a time.

Nikole was not sure if it was fair that Rhett got all the attention but she did enjoy herself too. The only thing she said she didn't like was that it was after bed time when we got there. I can understand that since I was tired too. :)

Gavin had fun even though he kept loosing his ear plugs. He like the motorcycles and the four wheelers. Just like a boy should I guess...

Dylan was having a blast and enjoying it until he fell asleep in my arms near the end. He was squirmy and wiggly but I guess you would have to expect that of a 2 year old especially when they have to keep their coat on but not going anywhere. Poor kid! Oh well he enjoyed it to the very end and actually slept through some of the loud noise that those bikes were putting out.

My ears are still ringing since I had to give my ear plugs to Nikole. It was WAY LOUD!!! But it was fun to see. I was grateful that not too many were hurt and those that were hurt didn't need to be carried out on a stretcher. It was just so much fun to be able to see the kids have a great time and know that they are enjoying this time now.

We actually stayed to the very end but all of the UHP officers that were there had to leave early to get back to work. I understand but it was great of them to take time off while they were working to support these kids and families. Knowing that the are people out there that care about your family even though they have never meet you before means lots to me.

1 comment:

brigette said...

wow how special and amazing! What a lucky little guy. Im glad he got to do this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers