Friday, March 26, 2010

Emergancy trip

We finished at the science fair and headed to get Gavin and Dylan from grandpa since he was watching them. I get there and they are eating lunch. I tell grandpa that Brandon (Rhett's science partner) had to get home and I will come right back. So I race to drop him off and then I had to pick Nikole up early from the after school program since I was going between the U of U and my house non stop, and there was no way to get her at the normal time I would have gotten her at. We come home to clean for 30 minutes. Then as we are headed to the car to take Rhett back to the science fair to collect his project and then be ready for the awards ceremony. Nikole asks me if she can pet the cat that lives across the street since she no longer has her cat. I go over there with her and was talking to main adult that lives there and you can hear kids playing inside. Nikole asked her if she could pet the cat. Of course it is ok. There is some little tiny kittens that are just super cute and knowing Nikole she just can't get away from them. :) Oh well.

As we were talking the 3 year old that lives there brought out a kitten that was meowing like crazy and what seemed like 10 minutes, but might be 5 minutes later I see Nikole crying her eyes out and walking to the door out of their house. I was shocked! What happened? I keep asking her... Her hands were covering her face and I was getting really nervous. She looked at me and said that the cat attacked her. WHAT!!! Oh my!!!

As I am looking to see how bad it is drops of blood are starting to form and increase. CRAP THIS IS BAD!!! Oh my I sent her home and told the lady that I needed to go and she was willing to help clean Nikole up. The lady did say over and over again that she is so sorry. She did feel horrible about what happened and was really worried about Nikole. Well I get home since it is right across the street, and Nikole is screaming and looking at herself in the mirror. I had to tell her again and again to calm down... She finally got calm as I get a pretty big washcloth and soak it. I get it wet and I notice that there are blood spots in her hair, ok we will start with her face since there looked to be a big gash there. Then I move back to the back of her head where the blood spot is forming. Then I notice that there are more and more... CRAP!!! I look at the side of her head and there are scratch marks all over by her ear and neck like that was used like a scratching post. HOLY..... I have to get her to the doctor!

I called the doctor and by now it is 4:15pm lucky me the doctors office is open till 5! I told them that I was coming and I didn't need an appointment. That was something that I couldn't handle at home. I wasn't sure if she needed stitches or not but there was one area that I was worried about. As we are leaving the lady comes over and the only things she can say is I am so sorry. I understand that and I am not even mad at them because things happen that are not anyone's fault. I was pissed at the cat but not at the owners. I have seen that cat and that cat has never hurt anyone before. Oh well.... Life does go on. She did ask if there was anything that they could do, and I just said I don't know but we are headed to the doctors and I will let her know when I get back.

This whole time Nikole kept the wash cloth on her head. I told them that we were headed to the doctor and then we would go get the project. They were both ok with that. Rhett looked worried for his sister and was helping me keep her calm. We talked the 10 to 15 minutes that it took to get there and as soon as we got there she said her shoulders hurt so we hurried in and the doctor saw us soon after we got there. We found even more then her neck, face, scalp, and arms. There were also bite marks on the back of her shoulders and there was a nasty scratch on her tummy. The doctor did ask her how the cat stopped and Nikole wasn't sure how to answer but then I was able to rephrase it by saying, "How did the cat stop attacking you?" her reply was, "I had to pull the cat off of me." That is when she started crying again. My sweet little girl that loves animals so much. This cat was trying to kill her! Holy cow!

The doctor came in and looked her over and YEAH, no shots required!! She needed some pain medicine and then they will wash out all the spots that we can find. My sweet little girl looks at me and broke my heart by saying, "My beautiful face will never be beautiful again." I told her that she has always been beautiful and always be beautiful. I gave her some medicine to help with pain that they gave me to give her. Then they told me that by law they needed to report this and I needed to do the same. So while I was waiting I called animal control and let them know even though I didn't even know their names or their address. As soon as I got off the phone with them the nurse was ready to clean up Nikole. So I helped her and as the nurse and I were cleaning off all the areas that the cat got to Rhett was there holding Nikole's hand. It was really sweet and it helped since her hands were really cold and his were really hot. :) But looking back at that moment between then I can't stop crying... They mean so much to each other.

We finally left the doctors at 5:15pm, then we had to race to the U of U to get Rhett's project. I ran in and grabbed it and as I was throwing it in the car the animal control officer called and had me feel out a bite report. We talked as I drove and come to realize that the momma cat reacted because she heard the baby cat screaming from outside and saw Nikole with a kitten that wasn't screaming and just attacked her, and when we came home the people came out to meet us to see if Nikole was ok. I told them that thankfully she didn't need a shot or stitches and she is getting medicine for infection and for pain. Nikole got out of the car and I asked her to come over to us and as did. They told her that they were really sorry and asked again if there is anything that they could do. I was able to show them her wounds from the cat and they did see that it was really bad worse then they thought. they did say that they are getting rid of her as soon as they can which is after the quarantine is over. I did go get her medicine that the doctor wants her to take to prevent infection and to help her sleep better. I will post picture tomorrow since I need to take some picture to make sure we can document this accident. Keep her in your prayers please.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers