Monday, December 14, 2009

What a weekend!

Well all things considering it has been a pretty crazy weekend. Let's see where to start...? Well Jaren's uncle passed away on the 4th and the funeral was on the 12th. well because our car is trying really hard to kill over we couldn't all go. Jaren got a ride with his parents and brother down to St. George and the kids and I stayed home. It went well and he came back home Saturday night.

While he was away we had a blast!

First the kids well Rhett and Nikole went to school while Gavin and Dylan was home with me. I had talked to a friend of mine to see if it would be ok to bring Rhett up to the pool he is in charge of to work on getting his Aquanaut for scouts. He told me that it would be great if we came up so we did that as soon as they were out of school. We got up there about 1:50pm and then we worked on that until about 3:00 and during that time one of my friends called me and told me that she had a surprise for my kids and I needed to drive to 2 different address one in West Point and one in Payson and it had to be that day. Well ok so I decided I would do that even though I told my parents that we would be going to their ward Christmas party. when I was headed to the first address the kids were doing great in the car! well we arrived to pick up the first item and it turned out to be a dog crate! Oh my the kids were getting excited. Well we were in Layton when my dad called and told me that they ran out of food at the Christmas party. Oh well then I find out that my sister's kids are sick and they are staying at my parents house over night Friday, so I was grateful that we didn't go. Well then we stopped home to use the bathroom and head to Payson. We got down to Payson before 8 pm and found the house. The kids were great with all the driving that we had done that day! Well what I found out was that my friend got us a cute little yellow lab puppy. When I say puppy I mean puppy. She is really small, but I know she will grow, like the kids they grow too. the kids have named her Sara.



The kids are loving her and they are helping keep the house clean and helping potty train her and make sure he is getting so much love. Nikole's cat is unsure, but is getting out a little more than when we first brought her home. So we did all that Friday. What a day that was! Ok then Saturday we needed to run somethings up to my parents house and we did that and then we went out to the Angel Hands Foundation Christmas party where we were there most of the day. The kids met Santa and had pizza and drinks and then Santa being such a great guy gave all the kids a HUGE candy bar. Can we talk about sugar rush? lol Oh well. The kids rode rides, played golf, and then we went to a movie. We saw The Princess and the Frog, it is a cute movie and the kids of course loved it. :) When we got done with that it was about 5 pm and non of the kids had had a nap so even before we got close to the road home I had 2 of them asleep. When we got home the kids were all getting ready for bed except for the 2 that were asleep and then Jaren came home. Then around 10 pm everyone was so tired that we all just went to bed. That was our running weekend. LOL We got so much done while Jaren was gone that it just makes me laugh. The kids are so proud of themselves. I love the kids so very much they are such great kids!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like it was really fun!

Andrea said...

Yep it was a blast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers