Monday, February 2, 2015

Eek! Down one month, missed a week

How is it that January is so very overwhelming for me?  I think it is because I am stressed and have so much to do.

Thirteen years ago a little girl was placed in my arms.  She was the first baby I was able to hold right after delivery.  She had so much hair and it was completely black.  She had such long fingers and toes.  I can't believe how she has changed and has grown over the years.  She is officially as tall as me!!!  How did I get to be short?
She decided to go to the temple with her friends that morning.
Last weekend was quite stressful for me, between birthdays, work, and kids.  I was so glad when this past week was over and done. (Oh I have to give a shout out, for my birthday I was blessed with the picture below.)
I know you are all jealous.
My friend Jen gave me a tour of her camper that is for sale $6000 and if you are interested let me know I am hopefully going to get some pictures from her to put up here so you can see her beautiful work and effort she has put into.  Thanks Jen!  Loved talking with you, it has been so long and it was good to touch base again.

Gratefully this past week went a little faster even though we has several appointments that popped up. Rhett and Nikole had to get into the orthodontist since it has been a long time since they had seen them, NOT MY FAULT.  I was totally too sick to take them until recently.  But now they are back on their schedule and that is a good thing.  Nikole and Dylan had their well child this past week and they are both healthy and doing well. (SO TOTALLY JEALOUS!!)  Grateful they are not sick anymore.

This Saturday I had that privilege to spend time with my friend Crystal.  It was great getting out and being among the living.  Yes, still coughing but not nearly as bad at I was coughing.  At least I am making some progress in the healthy direction.  We wondered around and talked lots.  It is amazing how much you need to catch up on with people you care for and love when you don't see them often. She asked me to play this game with her that was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!  It is called GLOOM.
Card game.  A must have!
It was so much fun! 
As we played it was entertaining watching her dogs with the little puppy they are working on training to be a service dog for their son Nicky.  Her name is Addie and she is learning basic behavior and social skills, the two other dogs are so patient with her. She came up and laid at my feet while we were playing it was so cute!  Wish we could have a puppy, but then I think of Rhett's allergies and the doctors cursing my name.  JOY!  Anyway I got a text from Crystal today that was gut wrenching... "Addie got hurt."  I held my breath waiting for an explanation that came a few minutes later, "She was trying to rush outside and got tripped over. She was hollering a lot, but she settled down. Now she is whining and limping."  I told Crystal she probably needs to go the vet seeing how this is Nicky's service dog.  She took her to the vet and ended up getting an x-ray done.  So this evening I get a picture via text of the x-ray.
See the broken bone?
As I was about to send a text back asking how much that is going to cost to fix I get this text, "$3000+" WHAT!!!!!  Crap!!!  This is Nicky's service dog and his best friend! As I am thinking all this  I get this other text, "Possible amputation."

As I am here heart broken since I was just there yesterday watching this little puppy play and run around with the kids and other dogs.

So tonight I set up a gofundme for them to help pay the medical expenses since there is no way they can get all that money right now. I wish I could do more to help someone that was there for me when I needed help on my bathroom.  If you can please help here that would be wonderful!


I know it isn't much but it is something.  I am not sure what this month holds but I am hoping that it is something in the right direction.

UPDATE!!!

Crystal posted this... early this morning.
"They sedated Addie and got a better x-ray. They are confident that they can save her leg with a plate. She should go into surgery this morning."

Later she updated.......

"Thank you for all the kindness and love you've all shown us through this difficult time. I was so sad this morning when the kids found their shoes where they belong, instead of where Addie hid them. She is going to be ok, and will be home tomorrow. We will take Nicky to visit her after school"

Thank you all for helping!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers