Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ramblings of my mind and thoughts and kids

As I work on ways to help my friend get funding for her puppy, I am grateful that I am doing everything I can to help someone.  I enjoy helping people.  I just need to figure out how to earn income from helping people.  LOL! Working on that, and will figure something out hopefully soon. :)

Oh the places you will go, things you will do, and people you will meet.

Rhett asked me to update my blog.  Go figure, maybe he is even reading it.  Who knows.  LOL!

Things have been crazy busy and I hope they settle down soon.  I have been working on me and have some major things in the works right now.  I wish I could say I am meeting this singer and actor that I would love to meet and get to know.  But as I sit here I think that it is funny thinking that if it might not ever happen.  But who knows maybe I can pull it off.  I would love to make contact and get to know them and be the kind of friend that everyone wants.

Kids have started testing and it is crazy.  Who knew what went into writing essays and arguments.  Yes, I was helping Nikole google them to give her the info that she was going to need to write well.  She already knew all the stuff I googled.  HAHAHA!!  I so didn’t know until this year.  Amazing how things have changed over the years.

To be thinking, planning and then acting is amazing.  It is like I am watching myself transform into someone that so different but yet so much the same.  Progess is a good thing and I am excited to be stepping in the right direction for that progress.  I am working on coming up with some most brillent ideas to put into place and focus on from now on.  Working on yourself is a lot harder than helping other people but if you can do it at the same time then you are AWESOME!

I think I would have a hard time testing while people walk around and possibly look over my shoulder. Maybe that is just me and my hyper-distractive brain but that would bother me slightly.
The kids had some doctor’s appointments recently nad it was interesting to have to take then while I am still trying to recover from this nasty cough and cold.  Yes I wear a mask when I go to the doctors with my kids and I am sick.  I don’t like it when people think that just because you are at the doctors it is ok to not wear a mask if you are sick.  You are just speading illness and those that are not sick but are just there because the doctor needs to follow up with them risk getting sick. SIGH!!  I have a love hate relationship with going to the doctors office and seeing doctors.  It is hard to explain, but that us the fact of life.

As I sit here and type this I have noticed that I am getting better with my typing which makes me excited.  I know the smallest things make me so excited. LOL!  The looks that you get from others when you mean a lot to them, the smiles that are tender and hold special meanings, the hugs from those that are care for you sincerely, and an active listener and some understandment.  Oh the caring behind these things, they bring me so much happiness.  Too bad I lack them often.  It is hard when you are lacking something that can be so easily given.  Enough pity party for me, moving on now.

To watch thes kids be so disrespectful in so many ways is dishearting to say the least.  What happened to the respect you were suppose to give to those older than you and those that are trying to help you learn and grow?  You would have thiunk that it would have grown over time but NO, it has dimished.  I am ready to go back in time when that was everywhere.  But since I can’t go back in time I am ready to move far away where that is still very important and is active in the lives of young people.

2-13-15
How nervous do I get going to work?  I get seriously nervous because kids are gross, and I really don’t like getting sick.  I just wash my hands often.  What I need to do is bring hand sanitizer. HAHAHA!  Who ever knows me knows I love bleach, it smells like a swimming pool and makes me smile.

What a roller coaster of a week this has been for me between all the parent teacher conferences between 3 schools and one that didn’t have one at all.  Rhett is struggling in all his classes.  Not sure how to help that dude.  I just want to say it is all on you and I think I might.  Support him but not do the work for him. It is his job to get through high school.  His job to do the work required of him in order to make it through high school.  Those teachers are amazing and care so much.  I think that is why they are teachers.  Wish I could figure out how to get him to care as much as his teachers. Go figure!
Gavin is doing well.  He could do better at writing and math but his reading is super!  Third highest in his class.  He was really proud of that for sure.  He wants to be the top in his class so he is going to work on that.  He was really excited to give out Valentines to his classmates.  When I showed him what I had in mid he was super excited about it.
Dylan is doing really well in school.  He struggles with keeping his hearing aids and glasses on his face without playing with them, but what do you expect when you have seriously small ears?  Nikole is the only child that we didn’t meet with her teachers.  They had a career and college night instead of parent teacher conferences.  Oh well. I know that I can set up a time to meet with the teachers and her anytime I would like.  Planning on doing that in March or later on this month.

As stressful as this week has been I am excited to chop onions with my sister and play Gloom!  Yes I broke down and got the game, I just had to have it and now I can play whenever I want to with whoever I want to.  The problem is that I think that people I know besides Crystal and her awesome family might not like this fun game.  I need a bigger game circle.  LOL!  I so wasn't able to play Gloom with my sister this time round but I hope soon that we can get together again and play.  But the onions are done and freezing!  So proud, since it did take almost all day. :)

As I continue to listen to music I am grateful that it lifts my spirits and brings me comfort and peace.  Most people think I am crazy because they couldn’t imanige how the heck it could bring me all that.  Well they are not me so of course they are going to think I am crazy.  I have told a few people before that it is better to be crazy than stupid. See I am funny too!

As I watch and listen and try to hang on for the ride that I am on hoping that soon I can get off and do something different, I notice things around me.  What I notice I try to figure a way to make them better or change them.

I am often talking to my sister in New Jersey or texting her.  Trying to help her with all the things she is juggling.  Wish I was closer so I could help more but that just isn't going to happen.  I have come to terms with that and sometimes I really struggle with that other times I am ok about it.  I think it depends on my mood and emotions.  I sometimes texting, skyping, or talking to my sister who is in town.  We don’t have time to see each other often but I am hoping that this weekend we will see each other and play!  She and I are both very busy bees with our own hives, hence the reason we don’t see each other often.  Every now and again meaning a hit and miss I am able to Skype with my brother and his family in New Zealand.  I think the time change is quite drastic hence the reason that we don’t Skype as often as we can.  My parents and I talk on a pretty regular basis.

It is convenient that my mom is Gavin’s school secretary and so if anything is going on at the school I am the first to know which makes it really nice.  At the same time I just want to hide my head in the sand and never look up. But that is changing and changing quite quickly.  I am learning to stand up for myself and be more assertive for me.  I have been doing it for so long for other people but I keep forgetting myself.  Most of the time people don’t understand.  That does not bother me as much as it would have before because of all the stress I am under to be the perfect person people expect me to be.

As we pass a few more holidays I realize that it is ok, and life goes on.  I have decided that holidays are over rated and it is going to be ok not to make a huge deal out of them.  That includes birthdays. Not sure everyone thinks the same as me but I am my own personal self and there is nothing that can make me who I don't want to be.  I did however help the boys with their valentines and Nikole with her hair since she is too old to give out valentines being in jr high and all that.
Yes I didn't get a picture of the final product.

She wanted 2 one on each side of her head.  Was so not happening.
I will have more info to post next time since things are happening this week and there is quite a few thing in fact.  This month is half way over and I am excited!! :)  Can't wait.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers