Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stress it's a killer

I have been under a great deal of stress lately and I am grateful to say that some of those stresses are a  lot lower then they were a little while ago.  
With all the kids in school I had hit a new low.  Wondering where I belonged.
It was really hard on me and my family until I found a new place and someone that really needed my help and I felt that I had value helping.
I am very grateful to be helping someone that really needs it.

It was very stressing to find out that Dylan's school might close and at least this year I hope that the school stays open.  I had emails several different people in the government to let them know how important the school is to my family and that we really need it to stay open.  I did have some of them send me email me back informing me that they are going to work very hard to make sure that the school stays open.  I am glad that there are some people out there that understand and are willing to do what it takes to make sure that those that are receiving special services to help improve their lives (especially children) will be able to keep those services.

It was great to get some of that weight off my shoulders.  Being able to get it out what is going on here in Utah so it doesn't happen anywhere else is great for me because it makes me feel like I am helping a whole bunch of people be more aware and to fight for the rights that children have to learn.

Rhett has been enjoying being at the top of the school even though since he was in I want to say 3rd grade everyone in the school knows him or of him.  LOL!!!  He is doing very well in his studies and enjoying his class and friends.  I know he will miss them next year but he will be where he needs to be.  At least he and Dylan will be together in the same school.  This way he will get his signing since his oxygen needs have not decreased and his breathing is labored.  This way he will not need to waste his breath talking to get what he needs across.  He is so smart and sometimes he thinks that just because he is smart he can do what he wants.  I think that might be part of being 11 years old.

Nikole has been improving so much in school.  I mean huge improvements!  I am so proud of her for striving for better since I know that she is really very smart.  She loves going to church and was so happy to have the primary sing Happy Birthday to her.  LOL!!  She was almost too late to be sang too since she was doing something and came late.  But she was lucky I was there and had them wait for her. :)  She has been to some activity days but we have been forgetting, and we are going to remember from now on.  I am planning on her making it to all of them that are coming up.  LOL!!!  She has been so strong and caring, but she does have her issues sometimes.  Man she really needs to have less issues, well at least less often.  When it does happen it really isn't pretty.  She is an amazing helper for Rhett when they go to school.  She almost always takes his backpack and helps him into the school and than again even after school she helps with the oxygen.  She is such an amazing sister to her brothers even though she can sometimes be mean to them but I guess that is always what siblings are for, right? :)

Gavin is doing GREAT!!!  He got all 8 hearts before anyone else in his class.  Which means he knows all the shapes, numbers (meaning count by 10 to 100), letters (meaning the name of all the letters and the sounds of all the letters), his address, his phone number, how to write his name correctly, how to write 1-20 correctly, and writing all the letters correctly.  I have seen him reading before all by himself before I read to him.  LOL!!  He is doing so good.  His mind is just absorbing so much.  He has a hard time being home with no one else but me so I am hoping I can change that and have him stay with someone else that has kids so that he has someone to play with before and after school, since Dylan is at school from before 8 am until 4:30pm 4 days a week.  He likes playing video games all the time but with no one to play with it is really hard on him when I tell him no.  LOL!

Dylan is starting to really enjoy school.  He did have a very rough time going back after missing a whole week but by the end of the week he was really enjoying it.  He looks so small going to school.  Very cute with his backpack all ready and walking down the steps to the van/bus all by himself.  He does need a car seat and so he is strapped in and waving good bye.  Than I don't see him until later that day. :(  Oh well he is signing so much more.  Which is great since now he is starting to communicate better with us.  I wonder what they do at the school but I am scared to visit because......  I really don't want to see my baby grow up.  It is great I don't need to wake him up in the morning since he is only of the only early risers that live in this house.  LOL!!!  He is up and can be ready before everyone else.  So far he isn't on oxygen and he is doing good.  Well we will have to wait and see if there are any changes and if there are I will let everyone know.

Let's pray that life settles down a little and that we get some answers soon about what has been going on with Rhett.  Besides not sleeping, breathing hard, and only eating sometimes I get really worried.  I just have to remember that it is all in the Lords hands and he will make sure everything is take care of.  It is a good thing that I have the Lord or I am not sure I would be able to handle everything.

The next post will be catching up with photos that I have not posted that I need to.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers