Monday, August 1, 2011

WOW long time

Ok so I know that it has been a while since I posted.  I am really sorry.  Things have been crazy busy here.  After Nikole's pageant, was Gavin's birthday and the day after that we headed out to a family reunion in Las Vegas.  That was quite a trip.

Thursday was Gavin's 6th birthday.  He had a blast!  The house was all clean and of course I didn't get too much sleep trying to make sure the house was clean and decorating and getting ready for our trip all in one.  We had his party where I had rapped all of his gifts and then put them in a big box and rapped the big box.  It was great to see him all excited about being 6 and is now very excited to start 1st grade too.  We actually ran out of cake and ice cream which was quite sad since he didn't get any because he was busy opening presents and didn't want any at the time.  Oh well there is always later right? :)

We left here Friday after work and got there around 3 am Utah time and 2 am Vegas time.  I was saying weird things and so not able to drive since I hadn't gotten a good nights sleep in a few days prior to leaving.But after we got there we slept in the next day and then went swimming first thing in the morning which the kids loved.  We actually swam everyday that we were there and I was sad to realize how much I miss swimming.  We met with family and had a great time.  We walked around some of downtown and saw many things and got a whole bunch of pictures I just have ot find the camera.

We left Vegas Wednesday to come home since Rhett and daddy were planning on going to scout camp Thursday morning.  We made it home before midnight which was great and Rhett was able to pack everything he needed or more like everything that we had that he needed to take with him.

Thursday was a busy morning and then came to a stop. LOL!  As I was helping them get ready to leave Rhett tells us that he doesn't want breakfast and he was coughing quite a bit.  Which is a sign that he is having a asthma attack. :(  Not a good way to start off scout camp.  I give him his Flovent and his Albuterol and sent the inhalers with him.  I was still worried and said a pray hoping that I didn't get any phone calls the rest of the day.  Good thing he is already on oxygen and that daddy was with him.  After the boys made sure they had everything they were off and me and the other kids stayed home which I was happy to do since I was so very tired from our trip.  We all veggied and cleaned up from our trip which was easy since most of the clothes that they took with them were clean thanks to the washer and dryer that we had in our condo/hotel.  Later my mom came over to watch my kids, but then I get a call telling me that Rhett and daddy were headed home and he would be able to have all the kids while I went to work.  It was great to have that time with adults.  It worked out great!  Rhett had a great time and had stopped coughing after being up there for a little while.  He did need his inhalers at least one more time, but that was it.  Glad that Thursday was over.

Friday was a little different since it was the day that Rhett was going to be spending the night at scout camp and I was scared to death!  I was worried since this was his first overnight event with out me being there and I had a hard time with it.  No wonder I couldn't sleep very good.  They packed up a tent sleeping bags and everything that they were going to need for at least 2 days.  Man was a I mess.  I probably didn't look it I guess it was because I just told myself not to think about it.  I went to work and my parents had the other kids until I got off work and then I took all of them out to a play at the Off Broadway Theater.  It was great to get out and get my mind off of not having Rhett or daddy home.  I can handle not having daddy home since he does travel for work some times but not having Rhett was another thing.  He has always been with me and it get hard not knowing if everything is ok or if he is waking up or if if if.....  It is like a million things that could happen and I wasn't there to make sure or know anything about it.

Saturday was a hard morning for us all. the other kids were not feeling great and I was just stressed to say the least so the plans we made fell through since I didn't want to take any type of sick kid out.  Lucky for me they got over it by lunch time and were ok the rest of the day.  I have 3 kids all playing nice and making sure the house was clean and just playing it was great!  There was a whole bunch of peace in my house.  Rhett and daddy came home around 1 pm and then we had a whole yard to care for since we have been very neglectful. LOL!  That is what happens when you have to take care of yourself and not the house.  We got some of it done and then I got sick from the heat and was done for the day.  I let the kids play outside on the slip and slide that Gavin got for his birthday.  Then we went and got some cute clothes for our new niece right before we went to dinner with the scouts.  I never know scouts were so weird.  I guess it is a boy thing.  LOL!  It was great seeing Rhett with these boys that he was at camp with and seeing for myself that he was being treated like one of them.  Made me smile to see that they treated him nice and it was the same for all of them.  They were being nice to each other which was great.  After we were finished we went and said hi to my sister in law and saw her new baby and the rest of the family.  After coming home I decided to give the boys hair cuts and started with Gavin.  After I was finished Dylan was eager to jump in and be second to have his done and of course Rhett didn't want his done but got it all cut off anyway.  Then I made them all jump in the shower and make sure they all got clean.  It was great to have them clean and with hair that is not blocking their ears. :)  While I cut their hair daddy went out and finished up cutting the grass.  The yard looks so much better then it did.

I found the camera but I have not gotten the pictures off of it yet so as soon as I do I will post some pictures to show you our grand month of July.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Whew!!!! Just reading about your adventures makes me tired!!

I understand about how you're not settled when Rhett wasn't at home. You're an AMAZING mom. It's okay to feel that way.

I am glad they went. I hope they had fun. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers