Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What more???

So on Sunday Morning I woke up and saw that Mr. Dylan had a bump on the side of his face next to his eye that he had surgery on. I asked all the kids what had happened and they of course didn't know so I didn't think much about it. He was running around and playing like he normally does so no worries right?

Than Monday morning I was holding him while he had his cuddle time and he put his head down on my arm and just sat and loved me. What a wonderful time I have when that happens. But the last thing I expected was... feeling wet on my arm when he finally moved his head. I looked down thinking he slobbered all over me. LOL!! Well I didn't see slobber I saw a big blob of blood on my arm.

Oh great it is a good thing that I was awake because if I wasn't I was then. I looked at Dylan and saw that nothing had changed over night... so where was this blood coming from? As he turned his head I caught the sight of blood all over his right ear. OH MAN!!! This has got to stop! As I frantically look for a phone to call the doctors office. Lucky for me he was acting fine but still I was worried since he had an hearing appointment the very next day. ROTFL!!! Yeah right no hearing appointment for him! Every time I set an appointment for his hearing something always happens to his ears no matter what.

I take him to the doctors praying that it isn't anything very super serious. I was able to get them to work me in and then took him in. As he was being checked out I noticed that his Whole side of his face was more swollen than it was yesterday. Also I was asking the doctor about so many things being as nervous as I was. He checked in Dylan's ear and found out that he had knocked it out and by doing that ended up tearing part of his eardrum. That is what caused the blood. Lucky for me that he wasn't in any pain. After the doctor found his ear the way that it was, he told me that if he had not found anything he would have had to get a scan to look for a fracture since that would be the only other option that would explain the blood.

He slept all afternoon and didn't wake up until after school. I am glad that he is doing better, but man I would like to know how he hit his head to begin with.

Let's just hope I don't get any extra surprises today.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yikes!!! Hope today goes better.......

Love ya!

Carrie said...

Oh My Goodness!! Poor guy, that was a hard hit, I'm happy he wasn't in pain and that he slept it off. :S

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers