Sunday, June 27, 2010

playing catch up

Well it has been a while since Have had time to sit down and write and keep everyone up to date on life. Well for starters...

Rhett is actually in summer school and loves it. he told me one day that summer school is fun but regular school is boring and not fun. LOL! I couldn't help but laugh from him saying that. They have been wonderful remembering to change his oxygen and making sure that he can still do things like the other kids. He is still getting to the point that if he is off of his oxygen for even 10 minutes he is feeling like he needs it and has to stop and make sure he is on it. Often times he is the one adjusting his oxygen and making it so he can breathe better. He has an appointment coming up this next month with the pulmonologist Which is the lung doctor and we will find out if anything has changed since his last surgery. We will also find out if he can to scout camp since he will be about 5000 more feet above sea level then he already is. He is really wanting to go but i am still not sure. He has asked me and my husband a few times if it is bad to marry ones sister. WHAT!?!? Where did he come up with that one? Of course we told him that yes it is bad to marry your sister and then told him why it was bad. makes me wonder who is putting stuff into his head about that.

Nikole is also in summer school and is really enjoying it. She loves being around friends and playing non-stop. :) I can not believe it... She comes up to my shoulders! She is so tall! For sure she is going to be taller than me before she is in 4th grade. I am only 5'4" but I know she will be taller than me and she is enjoying that thought, I mean really enjoying the thought about her being taller then me. She is doing so well and loves reading and just learning, so I am always wondering what she is reading but lucky for me I know what she is reading now since she is in the middle of Harry Potter. She is really getting into those books. I am grateful that I have them and she is able to read them and understand what she is reading. She enjoys helping Rhett when he needs it with his oxygen and his wheelchair. She loves her new bike! I was able to find it on KSL.com and she is so happy and loves going fast. It is a 24 inch bike surprise, not really but her last bike was a 16 inch. LOL She jumped sizes like crazy. But now I have to have a bike to keep up with her. :) Not a bad thing just fun.

Gavin is loving being a big brother! He hangs out with me and Dylan while the other kids are at summer school. We love going to the zoo and walking around and seeing all the animals and just having fun being together. He loves doing fun things with Dylan and making funny noises with him. He has gotten to a point where he loves tickling mommy and daddy. It cracks me up to see him giggling while he is either tickling daddy or when I have to get after Dylan for playing in his food. It is so hard to keep a straight face while he is sitting there laughing thinking it is a funny. :) He loves playing in the water and with his friends. He tells me all the time how much he loves that water. He found my goggles in my room and put them on and then came and asked me "How do I look?" Of course I told him that he looks like my little swimmer. and he just loves swimming. :) Love his cute smile and blue blue eyes! Grateful he is here to have Dylan follow him around and do what ever he is doing. It makes my life a little crazy.

Dylan is not enjoying being the baby. He wants to have a little bother or sister so bad. He loves being a big helper and help his "little" cousin Levi. even though Levi is bigger then Dylan is a year younger. It is funny to see them together since Levi doesn't think that Dylan should help him ever they fight often but that will change as they get older. It is funny to see them eating lunch and play at the table and laugh at or with each other. He is still getting therapy from the school for the deaf and from early intervention. They are only working on communication and trying to get him to talk or sign with us so that way we will understand him. But I am not liking any of the options that we have for when he turns 3. We are still debating on what to do. He is finally getting better from a sinus infection thanks you doctor for the meds that have helped get the infection almost gone. He was very not feeling good while he was sick but now that he is feeling better he loves playing and following Gavin around all over and doing what ever Gavin does. He loves being a big kid even though he isn't that big. LOL

1 comment:

brigette said...

Sounds like everyone is doing great!! They are such cute kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers