Thursday, July 17, 2014

Quick catching up before the major news

A quick look back at things that have happened recently.

Finished with 6th grade!  I cannot believe that my little girl is growing up!!!  She is a beautiful girl and I am glad that she is mine.  I am so proud of her!!  She is going to head into bigger and better things.  Eek!  I can't believe that she will be in Jr High!  Jr High kids are a pain the butt!!!!  She is not exempt!!!

Before school.
Sitting with her class.
Giving her little speech.
Just remember you are always my little girl!!  I will always be cheering for you even if I am crying. :)

A week and a half after that was youth conference.  All of the youth in my ward 12-18 we going if they wanted to, and you know my kids of course wanted to go.  So that means mommy or daddy gets to go too, since Rhett wants to go.  Sometimes I wish that I could just send him off with a hug and kiss and a I love you.  But we all know that is never going to happen. In other words, I headed to youth conference with Rhett and the rest of the youth in my ward including Nikole.  I packed my car(well, really not a car but a suburban) full of oxygen for Rhett including his machines clothes for the week and a prayer that everything would be ok since we were going so far away from home.  Between the two kids and my stuff for the whole week our car was totally packed!  If anyone riding in my car wanted to bring anything with them they would need to put it by their feet or in their own laps because that was all the space that I had open.  We went up to some lovely cabins near Palisade Reservoir.  I took a ton of pictures, mostly because I was there to make sure nothing happened to Rhett and when he couldn't do what everyone else was doing, that left me with not a lot to do other then take pictures. :)  I enjoyed it lots.  Here are a few pictures since I can't put them all up. LOL!

This is what I walked into when we got there.
The view from the boys cabin, when we got there.
The meeting before activities half of the room in the boys cabin.
The meeting before activities half of the room in the boys cabin.
Group of human pretzel.
Rhett's group human pretzel.
His group watching another group finish.
Human pretzel.
Her group of human pretzels.
There is Rhett at the end. Trust train.
He got too tired and needed to come back to sit in the cabin.
Getting ready for a trust activity.
Trusting activity.
Trusting activity.
Trusting others.
Trust activity at the boys cabin.
Trust circle.
Trust circle.
Girls.
Boys. Did they win? Nope. Girls win every time, like 3 times.
Yep us together.
Silly monster waiting for those on the hike, with a headache again.
My zoom is awesome!  Took the picture from my car and it was a ways away.
Yes I see it is blurry, but we saw a whole bunch of these.
My flower from Nikole after her hike with the group.
No I was driving not taking the pictures.
I just thought that this was funny.
He wanted a picture of the old car and him together.
My little group that came in my car with me.
How close can you get?  I am not zoomed at all.
Our whole group!
The only time Rhett went canoeing.
They ended up with a leak.
Glad Rhett was in that boat.
He loves doing this.  Doesn't do it often.
The day was beautiful and it was great not to have rain pouring down on us.

See the water?  Yep a leak.
When we arrived Rhett had this monsterous headache and I gave him some meds for it and went on my way trying to get everything in the cabin.  When his headache didn't go away I asked the priesthood leaders to give him a blessing.  So Rhett got a blessing and was able to make it the whole week.  We stopped in Lava Hot Springs on our way home.  I was able to say hi to the family that I have there.  Love them and can't wait to see them again.

The next week was Brighton Camp for Nikole and I sent her with the camera.  She had a blast taking pictures and loved going.  I was sure glad since that week was a long week without her here.  Here are a few pictures from her.


Her bunk mate.





Her cabin.

The bathroom
The name of the bathroom
Hiking!!!



She loves animals!

Those in her cabin and her counselor.


Gotta love them bunks. LOL!!


Cookin!
A bell since she is too quite for her own good around others.



Let's sleep under the stars.
The main dining hall.




"Mom, if you get lost here is a map." Does she think I am going to go there?
Headed home!
Get back and it is down pouring.  Thank you for the water!
So it was a long week but I was glad that she was able to take pictures and have fun memories that will last a lifetime.

While Nikole was at camp the two boys with birthdays in June and July had their well child and Rhett was referred to a dietitian since he is now a big boy and his height has plateaued and he is the same height as Gavin.  We also told the doctor that Rhett has had this headache over a week and so the doctor wanted to see how he did  that week.  Well it continued to be there even if it was a little pounding.  Called the doctor and he wanted to see where his CO levels were at so we went up to Primary Children's Hospital and has some blood drawn.  His CO levels is up a little and his blood count is a little low.  So the doctor wants him on iron to help with his blood levels.

To be continued..... I know but I have to do a few things and I figure this post is pretty long. LOL

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers