Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Summer To Remember

Let me see where did I leave off.
After he finished the antibiotics he was finally able to walk again but slower than normal.
He struggled at school getting around and had help gratefully.  All the kids except Dylan had the CRT tests and I hope they did great, since that is what I expect.  After CRT tests were over there was field day at the deaf school for Dylan and a field trip for Rhett.  Gavin and Nikole both ended school on the 4th of June and Dylan graduated preschool on the 6th of June it was also the last day of school for Rhett.  We had such a fun time at the end of the school year.
I was grateful for the school year to end because I had so much going on.  Right before school was out Dylan saw the cardiologist and he is doing well.  He and Rhett also had a pulmonology appointment also where they both had a PFT and it was shocking to see to difference between the boys.
We found out that Rhett’s lung function has decreased again; his total lung capacity has also decreased.  Looking between Dylan’s and Rhett’s PFT results it is amazing the difference of their lungs and their chests.  The doctor was grateful that he could talk with me when Rhett volunteered to take Dylan to the bathroom.
Rhett has been struggling more than he used to and it is sad to see him this way.  He has changed a lot and I am not sure what to make of it. 
Besides his lung function decreasing he has gained a lot of weight which I am sure is really unhealthy and a sign of something.  I guess I should have him checked, even though I have had him check over and over again.  Here are pictures of his and Dylan’s PFTs.


This is Rhett's PFT.

This is Dylan's PFT.

You can probably see the difference between the two PFT's of Rhett and Dylan and see where I am just in awe that they can be so different.

Rhett’s is so much smaller than Dylan’s even though there is such an age difference.  This is the one of the differences between their syndromes.  They have the same syndrome but there is a difference in severity between them.  Like Rhett’s lungs are smaller than Dylan’s but Dylan’s airway is more sever (smaller) than Rhett’s.  Dylan also has more oral problems than Rhett.

Rhett’s and Dylan’s last day of school was on Rhett’s birthday so we had a busy day.  That morning I had to take Dylan to the ENT to get junk out of his right ear.  He had a whole bunch of stuff in his little ear.  Then I took him to school just in time for his graduation.  He was sure cute seeing him with his friends.  He is such a happy boy and it was fun to watch him be so patient until he got his reward in the ceremony for the preschool classes.  Rhett had his well-child and he seems to be healthy, my only concern is that he put on a whole bunch of weight.  June was crazy trying to get the house all clean and organized.  Nikole has missed a lot of swimming this summer so far.  That is how crazy busy we have been.

After all this so far I struggled to get things ready for Trek for Rhett and me, since Rhett really wanted to go.  (Trek for those of you that don’t know is where there are “families” made up of a ma and pa from people in our church that have some youth assigned to them to be their children through the time you are out on trek.)  Well we all dressed as pioneers and went to Deseret Land and Live Stock on July 17th and we trekked for 3-4 days we came home on the 20th after walking around 30+ miles during all those days.  Rhett rode in the cart the whole way except for 2 legs of the whole trip and again during the women’s pull.  He got tired and increased his oxygen but still enjoyed the trek and all the time that we were there.  So let me tell you a little bit about what went on during trek.  

It was amazing.

We all met at the stake center early Wednesday morning and loaded all of our buckets, (everything we were allowed to take with us besides our sleeping bags, pillow, blanket, and coat, was in a 5 gallon bucket) in waiting buses and trucks.  Well mine and Rhett’s things were loaded in the back of the bishop’s truck since we were riding with him. (You see because Rhett is on oxygen he is not allowed to ride on vehicles unless there is a way for the oxygen tank/tanks to be contained and held in place.  The only way to travel is in a personal vehicle if it is not contained and held in place.)  We ended up putting 40 oxygen tanks in the back of his truck and 1 extra to the one he was attached to in the cab.  He had a converter that he said would run the concentrator that we also loaded in the back of his truck.  The converter didn't work and we found out soon after leaving the church house since Rhett said he wasn't getting enough oxygen.  (Come to find out after trek there were 2 blown fuses.  So it didn't work but we were able to use a generator at night that way I wouldn't have to be up every 3 hours to change the oxygen tanks.)  So I had him plug himself back into his portable tank.  We just used his tank on the way up to the location and we did end up changing it before we got there.  When we got there we found our family but we still had to label our buckets and lids so Rhett hung out with his family and friends and I labeled his and mine bucket.  I applied bug spray to myself and then flowed Rhett as we all gathered together to go over directions and great ready to start.  After a prayers and directions the truck that we rode up in was attached to a trailer of port-a-potties and everyone got their carts and loaded them all up and we were off.  Rhett sat on top of the buckets with pillows and we were off in line with a whole bunch of other carts and families.  We had our water bottles full and spray bottles full ready for anything.  (Man we were reckless and unknowing.  Ha ha ha ha ha….)  So we walked, well…. Rhett rode and everyone else that were not in the support vehicles walked.  We walk for a long time up and down hills and even around some of them.  We came over a hill and saw our support vehicles and port-a-potties.  

IT WAS LUNCH TIME!!!  Yeah!!  We were all hungry.  

We had a good break and had some food to help our need of energy to push and pull the carts and we were off again after filling our 2 five gallon containers  that goes on the cart and all of our water bottles again.  We were off again walking, pulling, and pushing.  Rhett was cute spraying the family as we walked in the hot sun.  I think there were many prayers for rain because it soon started raining.  It was coming very slow at first and then without notice it dumped on us.  Lighting, thundered, and poured rain and hail.  We sat hunkered down for 15 to 30 minutes and when the lighting stopped and the rain let up we were walking again.  As we got going again walking this time in mud, (because it rained so much) we got over the ridge and only a little ways away and it started dumping rain without notice so we were scrambling again to cover the cart and Rhett along with all the kids next to another ridge.  We hunkered down again waiting for the lighting and thunder to stop so we could keep going.  After another 30 minutes or so we were walking again almost all of us drenched in rain.  We finally made it over the ridge and the rain slowly let up and there were serious puddles because we were not able to walk on the trail because we were slipping so much.  The rain finally let up and slowly let up again.  As we continued walking through the puddles and even falling into one on our way to the “rest stop” before camp.  

WE MADE IT!!!  Oh happy day!!  

No rain and as we looked around you can see the clouds and know that the storm wasn't gone gone but just not dumping.  At that “rest stop” Rhett decided we was really cold and wanted to ride in the truck.  I was grateful seeing as his and my coats and everything to keep us warm was at camp.  Knowing what the pioneers partly went through was humbling.  As we got in the truck his lips were blue so we checked his sats and they were good at 97 so apparently he was really cold.

As soon as we were in the truck it started raining again.  Oh my bad not raining I mean pouring.  We sat there in the truck and warmed up and snacked since we were both really hungry.  We watched the rain and saw all of his trek family and everyone else that was not injured hunkering down to wait out the rain again since there was yet another ridge to cross.  There was a “camp“ right across the road from where they were all hunkered down for a different stake that was scrambling to make dinner for our stake since they saw that we were stuck. Of course we didn’t find this out until Friday night.  As we traveled to camp in the truck Rhett fell asleep and I think I did too.  It is nerve racking to wonder if lighting is going to hit an oxygen tank or two.  We waiting in the truck after we got to camp until our group finally arrived.  We found out that those pulling our gear in the trailer decided to pull out all of our bags and let them sit until everyone got there and set up their tents and everything.  There was some stuff that was completely soaked from sitting in the rain.  Then there were others that were not wet at all.  We all set up and at least it didn’t rain anymore.  But we had the best food EVER!!!  We didn’t have to cook our own meals since there were no fires allowed, so those in the stake cooked.  After a rough first day I was very grateful not to have to try to cook anything and keep Rhett away from any fires since he had his oxygen turned up.  After his nap Rhett mingled and talked and visited and played with all these other kids that were there it never bothered him if they were in his ward, family, or school he was a friend to everyone that I saw.  I was grateful that we were sleeping in the bed of the truck with the concentrator that puts out Rhett’s oxygen.  Not only does it put out oxygen it also puts out HEAT!!  Oh yeah baby living it up!! J  So that first night we were nice and warm and we were drying out all of our wet things from the fun rain storm.

When we got up in the morning everything that we wore was dry including our shoes.  Ok so there were the socks that I wore that were still wet but not as wet as they were.  He he he…  So, we got ready had breakfast and talked about things that we learned from the day before.  Then we had lunch packed up the cart and everything and then we headed out to the next camp site.  That site was about 4 miles or so away from the first camp site.  That was a pretty easy walk and thankfully it stayed dry.  But by the time we were walking my left foot was really starting to hurt me.  No it was not blisters it was like I pulled a muscle or something like that in my foot. After we got to the next camp site I had to walk around bare foot since my foot hurt really bad.  I talked with the nurse and she told me not to overdo it and try to make sure it is elevate it at night.  At this camp site Rhett was able to wander and play more since we had more time.  He played Ninja Destruction and he is the ultimate Ninja.  He won every time that he played it, and it didn’t matter who he played.  I wonder why he likes it so much.  He also played football with some other kids in the stake and they just enjoyed playing with him.  I lost him a few times since he likes to wander.  When I found him before the hoe down he was playing Big Booty.  It is a cute game and it makes you think.  LOL!!!  During the hoe down Rhett liked to sit there and watch as the kids learned how to dosey doe and line dance and then just kick it around and dance. After dinner and dancing it was bed time and I was grateful to get off my feet and I knew that Rhett was tired.  That night was so much colder than the night before.  Even Rhett said he was cold that night too. 

The next day was again an early day and after breakfast and packing up again we were on the trail again.  Rhett wanted to ride in the cart so again I was walking.  But that day after going a mile we all stopped and the boys and men left the girls and women and walked away.  It was the women’s turn to do want other women that came across the plains without husbands due to missions, war, or even death.  The women didn’t stop and pout they picked up the pieces and kept walking with everything that she had with her.  It is called “the women’s pull”.  It was so hard taking Rhett and putting him in the four-wheeler and giving him his oxygen and key and turning and walking away.  It took everything I had not to cry.  It is like a huge separation that has to happen and it hurt so badly.  We said a prayer and sang a song and gathered together to help each other since there were some like me that really struggled with the separation that we were facing.  As we headed to our carts I turned and looked up the path and saw the men walking away.  Rhett who was in the four-wheeler was at the back of the line of men as they walked away.  I just wanted to cry.  We got our water bottles filled and made sure that all the carts had enough girls and women to go for at least a mile on our own.  Oh yeah, I forgot we were also told that it was a silent pull, which means that if we needed to talk it was to be a whisper.  We mostly walked in silence.  After walking and pushing for a while my asthma started acting up and it was getting harder for me to breathe but I know that I couldn’t stop.  I wasn’t sure when I would see Rhett again but I did ask some men to make sure that he stayed safe while I was not with him.  So as we walked there was a girl what was having a very hard time and we needed her to breathe slower since it was too fast.  I went to see if I could help since I needed to slow my breathing too (I just didn’t tell anyone).  On top of me needing to slow my breathing, I do know stuff about the medical field if I do say so myself.  The carts that were stopped after a while started moving and went around us (meaning the girl and everyone there helping her).  After a while were started walking and we finally made it to the top of a huge hill.  At the top of the hill, the men had made lunch and we all ate and worked on trying to recover from hiking up that hill.  After lunch we had a fireside type of gathering to talk about what we learned and how it helped us.  After that Rhett wanted to be in the cart again and we were off once more to walk through the mountains.  Man that was a killer because we ended up walking another 8 plus miles after walking up that hill.  At our next pit stop Rhett asked if he could ride in the truck since he actually took a pillow and lay down in the cart while we were hiking.  So we got in the truck after a little break and rode to the camp site.  This site was where we had lunch on the first day.  After we got there I got some help and was able to pitch the tent that the “ma and pa” brought with them before they got to the camp site.  There was only a little tent to set up and a canopy.  It was great since I think that our “family” was the first one to have their tents set up.  This was the last night camping out.  Rhett was exhausted and asked me to get his pillow and more oxygen and he just lay down under the canopy of his “family”.  This evening I had an opportunity to talk with the trail boss (our stake young men president) and his wife.  I was about to get some info to help Gavin and all my other kids.  Since she is a therapist, and was able to give me some advice and she is going to look into more help for me.  It was good to be able to get a little insight and some info.  After that it was “family” time, so that night we shared stories of our pioneer heritage with our “family”.  Rhett was so excited to share his story.  We found out that we are related to the wife of one of our stake presidency.  I was surprised, I shouldn’t be but I was.  It was a great spiritual experience and we ended up having a great night.

In the morning we packed up and headed back and to where we started from.  By that morning my feet were killing me but Rhett wanted to ride in the cart and so I walked.  It was funny since I was falling behind every cart that was on the trail.  The funniest part was that I had a chance to talk to the girl that I was helping to breathe during the women’s pull.  She told me that she remembers reading to Rhett when they were both in elementary.  But I found out that she just graduated.  I was happy to have a chance to get to know her a little and be able to talk to her.  It was so quiet walking and seeing nothing around.  It was so peaceful and I was grateful for the opportunity to be able to take Rhett and I look forward to being a trail walker when Nikole can go.  We got back to where the buses were and all had a snack and more water before getting on the buses and in trucks.  But we loaded into the truck and came home.  

When we got back I had Rhett shower since he was covered in dust, dirt, and sweat.  After he finished, I had a chance to shower.  It never felt so good to shower and get clean before in my life.  I was amazed at how we actually looked different than we did before we showered.  LOL!!!
After getting back from Trek we needed to go to the store to get birthday things since the very next day was Gavin’s 8th birthday!

I thought of this the morning of the 21st….  One day the Lord looked at a sweet angel who was in need of a special home.  He said you are someone very dear and important to me, and I want you to know you are going to struggle and it is going to be hard but I know of a special place just for you.  Then the Lord looked at me and my husband and said I want him to be in your family.  You are to care and tend to this special spirit since he is very important to me.  He is going to have some special needs that only you can fill.  I expect that you are going to struggle and it is going to be a challenge at times, but I know that you can help him and he help you.  Watch over him and help him grow and help him remember me and how much I love him.


We had a small birthday party since, we were asked to have a combined birthday party for all the kids in the family that had a birthday at the end of July, since there was family going out of town during a their child’s birthday.  So we had two parties for Gavin and he loved every minute of it.  On Gavin’s birthday Emily and her kids flew into town and were able to come sing happy birthday.  It was a wonderful surprise.  He was so excited to turn 8 and then be baptized.

The 24th of July is a huge holiday here and for the first time ever we meaning all my kids and daddy and I slept on the parade route.  It was amazing!  I wasn’t able to sleep very well but at least I got some rest.  Since my brother and his wife and baby came into town the night that we slept on the parade route.  My sister and her kids were into town before my brother.  So we saved a place on the parade route and had a good time.  As soon as the parade was over we headed home to get things ready for the joint birthday party.  Just so you know I picked the best cupcakes EVER!!!  I honestly didn’t have any leftover, they all got eaten and fast.  Here is what all the cupcakes that I made were similar to:

Daddy helped do the faces on them I did the hair and the Twinkie heads. J

After the birthday party at the school playground near the park that we watch fireworks from we decided to head over to the park to see what space we could find to watch fireworks from.  We got this great location on a hill that faced where the fireworks were going to be going off.  We set up our canopy and chairs and put some blankets down and just waited for everyone else to show up.  I am not even sure how long we waited but it was a little while and then what do you know people came. J  I was just glad to have enough space for everyone in our group that wanted to be there to be able to be there.

The very next day Dylan went in for surgery.  He had to have eye muscle surgery again on the same eye that he has always had surgery on, which is the right eye.  He went in mid morning meaning around 9 or 10 and it was a very short surgery compared to other surgeries and we were able to leave that afternoon/evening meaning around 4 or 5 that day.  It was only him and me after we came home, since all the other kids were at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Dylan asked to play a game and I was ok letting him since I had to help him remember to leave his eye alone, because he pulled off the patch and we were told to not re-patch if he pulls off the first patch.  But if he does pull it off then no rubbing for a few weeks and no swimming for a month.  He was really cute playing a game with himself.  Here is a video that I took of him playing with himself.

Isn't he funny! :)

After surgery it was time to think about Gavin’s baptism.
Gavin had asked daddy long before he turned 8 if he would be willing to baptize him.  Daddy said yes and worked until he was able to.  Gavin was baptized on July 27th while with family and a few friends.  We got it cleared on the 27th because Aunt Emily from NJ and Uncle Brian from NZ were in town and they were not going to be in town for a long time.  But we also has a family reunion August 3rd.  Gavin was so excited to get baptized and was giddy.  It was cute to watch him not even being able to hold still.  He asked people to give talks and he picked the songs and he picked out who said the prayers.  It was awesome since it was special just for him.
Opening prayer – Rhett
First song – When I am Baptized
Talk on Baptism – Grandma R.
Baptism
Confirmation
Talk in the Holy Ghost – Grandpa R.
Closing song – Nephi’s Courage
Closing prayer – Nikole
This was the program and it was made just for him.  I was happy that he was able to pick things that he wanted and liked for his baptism.  He is a special spirit and I do believe that he needed to have a special baptism, which he did get.  He was just so excited just to have daddy baptize him.  So daddy baptized him on July 27th and it was very wonderful.
Soon after that Dylan actually got his hearing aids and was so excited to be able to get them and have them after waiting all this time.  He knows how to wear them loud and proud, when he keeps them on his head.  HA HA HA!!!  So he has a blue hearing aid and a red hearing aid.  The red one is more powerful and bigger than the blue one.  His molds are awesome and colorful.  They are neon yellow and neon orange.  Here are pictures that I took while he was getting his hearing aids.  He is so cute!!!  I loved that he was listening and then all of a sudden he would say, I heard that, and then smiled and laughed. 

After getting the hearing aids the very next weekend was Summerfest!  I was so excited since all my siblings were going to be there and it was going to be the first time in a while since I have seen them and spend time with them.  We left late Friday night and didn’t arrive until midnight.  Gratefully my wonderful sister and cousins pitched a tent for our family before we arrived so we had a place to put the kids down as soon as we got there.  Saturday came faster than planned but not really. LOL!  Once up and moving it was great seeing all my cousins, uncles, aunts, grandma, parents and siblings.  We had an opportunity to go the cemetery and help clear the tombstones of grass and dirt or we fixed the window s on the shed or build a fence for grandma.  We did that until noon and then it was lunch.  After that it was visiting and then swimming and then more visiting.  Saturday night like normal we do a talent show.  I was thinking of recording it but I was busy holding this little one.


But my funny siblings came up with a great song to sing during the talent show.  It was a fun song and everyone loved it.  As soon as I get a copy of the song I will have it posted. J  Saturday night after the talent show was visiting time and also night games for the kids.  After bedtime finally it was Sunday and some headed home and some to church and others just hung out.  During church Gavin was at breaking point and I took him out of the room and talked to him.  He wanted to go home.  I think he didn’t get enough sleep and was really tired.  But he was ready to blow.  So I asked one of my cousins if he would be able to take him since I was busy with Dylan and his cousins.  He was ever so willing to take him.  I picked him up and he was so willing to come to me.  I handed him over to my awesome cousin and headed off to deal with little boys.  By the time church was over Gavin was out cold.  I am not sure when he went to sleep but I was grateful not to have to deal with his temper.  We got back changed and took down the tent after having lunch and in between visiting with family.  As people packed up and left there were tears and hugs all around.  I am ever so grateful for my wonderful family.  We headed out with my father since he was so nice and wanted to spend more time with us. J  We were finally home and ready to unpack and get everything clean. 

Monday was gratefully a laid back day for our family.  Daddy took time off work to go to scout camp with Rhett but the camp site was too high in elevation for Rhett so we had all week together.  Tuesday was bug killing day and I also had a hair apt with my sister.  That was fun!  Gavin also had a well-child appt that day.  He is healthy!  Happy dance!! J  At that time I talked to the doctor about Rhett’s sudden weight gain.  The doctor told me that he wanted me to call and get Rhett in to see an endocrinologist to check his hormones and thyroid to make sure they are not acting up.  So we are going to add another doctor to his list of doctors.  Tuesday we meaning my sister’s and I also took all our kids to a splash pad and tie-dyed shirts.  It was so much fun!!  The kids ran in the water and then dyed shirts.  As soon as I could we came home and the kids went down early since they were tired and I was too but I didn’t sleep, I went back to help my sisters finish all the shirts and then I gave my nephew’s blanket back to my sister.  Then it was a race to see what we could get done.  Thursday Gavin and Nikole went to the dentist and had a good experience which I am truly grateful.  Gavin has no cavities and his teeth are great!  Nikole has one cavity but she will have that taken care of when she has her tooth extracted.  Friday there was a dentist apt for Rhett and Dylan.  It was a great week for teeth.  Ha ha ha!!  Dylan’s teeth look great; Rhett’s need a lot of work.  Saturday we took the kids to see Turbo with Hope Kids.  They really enjoyed it especially Dylan.  We are grateful for the opportunities that we have with our kids like this.  Thank you C.R. and Amy and Hope Kids.

That Sunday was family pictures since all my siblings were in town and their kids.  When I get all the pictures I will post them.  It was very emotional for me since my brother and his cute little family were going back to New Zealand the very next day.  I am not sure when I am going to see them again.  With Rhett’s health the way it is I am not sure what is going to happen and it makes me just cry.  I will deal with it when the time comes but still it still hurts just thinking about it.
Sunday I went to a support group support meeting for family and friends of those with an addiction, and it was nice to be in the same room with people like me.
Monday was a rough day.  My brother and is family came over for a little bit before heading to the airport.  I think the goodbyes would not be so hard if you know when you are seeing that person or persons again.  If you have no idea that is what makes saying goodbye really hard.  Before they left I got pictures of each one of my kids holding their baby and sitting in between them.  Nikole tried to get pictures of me doing the same thing but they really didn’t turn out.  By the time my brother left we were both crying and trying to gain control even though we were sad.  I hope it won’t be long before I see him and his family again but I am not sure. 
Tuesday was a good day.  We were finally able to relax and try to catch up on several things that we were not able to do before.  Then I get this call to take the kids to the water park and play in the water.  Also meet both my sisters and tie-dye shirts with all the kids and for all the adults.  So I helped tie a lot of the kids shirts and they had so much fun picking out colors for their shirt and the way they want their shirts to look.  We came home I put the kids to bed and went back to help my sisters finish up and clean up.  I brought all the shirts that are in my house with me.  I just left them in my car in their bags after I got home.  I figured that we couldn’t do anything else with them until a later time.
Wednesday the 14th of August, Rhett woke up in the middle of the night and told me that he couldn’t breathe.  So I called and asked for help from the home health company on top of ordering more oxygen.  So they came out and they couldn’t help until we talked to a doctor.  So I contacted the doctor and he said that he needed to bring Rhett in since he said that he needed to listen to Rhett.  Dylan also had an audiologist appointment that we went to but then had to leave before being seen since Gavin was out of control and looked like he was going to break the chairs.  So I called to make a different appointment but had to leave a message because no one answered the phone.  Later that afternoon I went to help a friend with her son’s IEP.  It turned out to be a great meeting and I was happy to be able to help.  So that night I get a call from the doctor’s office to let me know that they contacted home health to get a different concentrator.
Thursday I ended up taking Rhett into the doctor since I had talked to him over the phone the day before and he really wanted to listen to Rhett.  As soon as the doctor said that everything sounded fine with Rhett, I brought up Gavin and the behavior that he is exhibiting.  His behavior is really starting to make me nervous and also think that something is severely wrong.  He recommended that I take him upstairs to see a psychologist.  So I told him to see if he can contact them to see when I can set it up to see if there is anything that they can think of to help Gavin and our family.  He told me that he would contact their office and put in for a request.  As soon as we were done at the doctor’s office we went to my parent’s house to finally take care of the tie-dye shirts that were in the back of the car.  When I got there my sisters were almost ready to start rinsing the shirts.  We started with the kids that were outside first and worked our way through all the shirts.  It was awesome!!  The shirts turned out amazing!!  I will post pictures in a different post.  After that we hung out and chatted since that was my sister’s anniversary but her husband was really sick so they were just hanging out at the house that day.  After a while I had to say good-bye and head home with my children.  I was sad because I knew that would be the last day I saw my sister and her family for a while since they were going back to New Jersey the very next day.  Gave her a hug and told her I loved her and left.  I later got a call from the psychologist office to set up and appointment for that following Monday.  Couldn’t wait!
That Friday Dylan had an eye appointment to follow up from the surgery that he had a month ago.  The eye doctor said that he looks great and that his eyes are much more even than they were before.  He was pleased with the results and asked to come back at a later day to just keep following him.  After that we headed home and got home just in time to turn around and head out to the Off Broadway Theater with Hope Kids.  The show was Charlie’s Aunt.  Super funny!!!  I would totally recommend the OBT if you are ever in town.  The kids enjoyed it; except for Dylan he fell asleep.  This isn’t the first time.  I think he does that because it is long after bed time for him and that is why he gets too tired to stay awake.  But it was good.
Saturday was a kick back day and relaxing before school starts the next week. 
Sunday daddy had to go out of town for work.  Gavin and Rhett got into it before a meeting that I needed to attend.  So I took Gavin with me where it turned into a battle and I was looking forward to the psychologist appointment the next day.  It was at least an hour long battle and then I mentioned America’s Funniest Home Video and he completely did a one eighty and was finished.  WHAT!?!?  It is so hard to keep my head on straight when he pulls tricks like that.  I was so tired after our battle I slept for a few hours.
Monday came and we cleaned getting ready for school to start.  After a little while it was time to take Gavin to his appointment.  After we got there he shut down on me and crawled under the chairs.  He refused to come out and when it was our turn the psychologist just had the front desk person watch him.  She and I went in and talked about everything that I am noticing and what concerns that I have.  She was able to look up records from all the counseling that I had taken him to at PCMC which helped a lot.  I found out that he was diagnosed with a mood disorder.  It would have been nice to know that before, but I guess better late than never.  She recommended neuropsychological testing to get a better idea of what is going on.  We talked about how to help him in school and the differences between a 504 and an IEP.  I hope I can get enough info and guidance to help him be the best he can be.  Gratefully it was the only thing that we had going on that day besides cleaning and getting ready for school to start.
Tuesday was the last day before school started!  We got a lot done and I was as excited as the kids.  We went to back to school night for Nikole and Gavin.  They met their teachers and saw their classrooms.  Gavin accidentally wrote on the white board with a permanent marker and got told not to do that.  So he left the room ad decided to not go back in no matter what.  So that was that for him and we went to Nikole’s classroom and saw her teacher for the first time.  She was surprised to learn that her teacher is her friend’s mom.  The kids were so excited that they didn’t want to sleep. J  Silly kids don’t they understand that they need sleep to get up early and make it to school on time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers