Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I QUIT Spring Break!

So my spring break was a little like living a nightmare.  Grrrr.... 

Monday Rhett came home from the hospital, which was the first day of Spring break.  Of course he was really sore and needing to sleep on the couch since he can lay up not flat.  Poor boy, it has got to be so hard on him to have to deal with all of this.  But it was nice to be home with all the kids and help Rhett recover.

Tuesday morning Dylan was up at 4 am throwing up.  Poor boy.  Why is this happening?  He isn't suppose to be sick!  But then he was fine all day long.  No one else was sick at all.  Nothing all day and then that night in the middle of the night he was throwing up again!  I was thinking that maybe it was something that he ate but everyone ate the same thing.  Then he was throwing up all Tuesday. :(  This sucks!  I hope no one else gets sick.

Then Wednesday I decided to take Dylan to the doctor for his vomiting and found out that he had intestinal flu.  Man that really sucks because Rhett and Nikole had a orthodontist appointment.  So I prayed that Dylan would not be sick anymore and headed to the hospital for the appointment.  As we were there Rhett got another bracket on one of his teeth, and Nikole had a visit with the doctor.  She was terrified that she was going to get them that day.  LOL!  She was crying and everything.  He said that she doesn't need braces yet but she will need them sometime.  Oh yea!  After we left there we headed to home care to see if we could get some non-tippers for his wheelchair.  Right before we turned on the street to home care Dylan woke up from a little nap and threw up all over himself and his car seat.  Poor baby!  I was really hoping that it was a night thing but I guess not.  Now what to do.  I take Rhett in and they tell me that they have to order them since they don't carry them.  OK why don't you carry them they are just attachments to the chair, and it isn't even a special order wheel chair.  It was a rental until the insurance bought it for us.  So I get back in the car and ask Dylan if he needs a bucket or if he can wait until we get home.  He said he needed a bucket.  So I went to a different office at home care to see if they had a bucket.  They did and Dylan looked so much happier with the bucket even though he was gross from throwing up earlier.  So after we left there we headed home to clean up the house and car.  All the kids wanted to clean the house and not the car.  LOL!  Don't they realize the car is smaller than the house?  Oh well I took all the car seats out and washed them all.  But after I took them out I work at cleaning up the car a little bit and then I took my car to the shop since the brakes seemed to be smoking all the time. :(  I hope my car doesn't blow up yet.  But now that the car was in the shop there was no where that I could go so we all stayed home and cleaned.  Wednesday was a long day with 2 sick kids well only one that is recovering and one throwing up that is what I meant.

Thursday I was hoping that I could have taken the kids to a fun thing happening that evening, but Dylan by that afternoon was telling me that his tummy hurt and he was sick.  What the heck he was fine ever since Wednesday afternoon.  He wasn't throwing up but he just didn't feel well.  So I had to cancel the fun thing that we had planned but my sister did come over with her kids and played.  So Nikole and Gavin had a ton of fun with her kids while Rhett and Dylan just relaxed and tried to feel better.  I did get my car back that day and found out that my brakes have been rubbing the whole time I was driving. :(  Oh well at least it is fixed ad now I have a working car I do believe.  Good thing I got it back since I needed it Friday.

Friday came and Nikole had an eye doctor appointment first thing in the morning.  Since I had washed the car seats I had them and need to put them in the car.  Trying to get all the kids up and out the door in time for the appointment.  As I am headed to the car with the car seats I had Gavin take his and Nikole take Rhett's to the car and I carried Dylan's.  As I was trying to open the car I hear a low thump.  In my mind I am saying, "Are you serious?  This cannot be happening!"  I turn around and Dylan had fallen down some of my front steps and hit his head on the concrete.  His poor head!  Nikole had run over to help him but started to back up with a frantic look on her face.  Sure scare Dylan a little more will you.  I hold him while I take the garbage cans out to the street.  On top of that we were running late so I couldn't drop my kids off at my parents house so I got to take all of the kids to Nikole's appointment.  That was something I wish I don't have to repeat anytime soon.  Thankfully Dylan was better he sometimes still told me that his tummy hurt and that he was sick, but no throwing up!  Yea!!  The eye doctor said that Nikole doesn't need glasses yet (her sigh of relief) but she is headed that way.  So she will need glasses sometime probably soon but not yet.  By Friday night I had declared that spring break was over!

Just for the record I am never having spring break ever again!!

This was Dylan Friday.


It is now starting to change color to purple, green and yellow.  At lest it is getting better.  The doctor saw him Friday since the school nurse said I needed a note for Rhett to return to school.  So I stopped by the doctors to get a note for Rhett and have the doctor also see Dylan.  He said that I needed watch him and just make sure that he doesn't injure it more.  He did say that there was trauma to the head. REALLY?  LOL!  I am so glad that he told me. :)  We did go to U-fit Friday night and Dylan had such a fun time but I think that is because daddy was there and playing with him.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers