Monday, March 30, 2015

The week of doctors

This past week was ever so stressful.  I had the hardest time and it was almost all self inflected.  Well.... not really but possibly. I had to set up appointments for the boys (Rhett and Dylan) to see the pulmonologist (lung doctor) and Rhett also needed to follow up with the nephrologist (kidney doctor).  So I took Dylan to the doctor Monday and found out that nothing has really changed and we don't need to go back for another year unless he shows signs of problems.  That is the good news.

Tuesday morning Gavin woke up looking sick.  But he had been dealing with allergies for at least a week or more, but this was really gunky nose and puffy eyes.  I sent him to school since he refused to go to the doctor because he thought that they would give him a shot.  After school he was worse, and he told me that it hurt to breathe, so I told him that he didn't have a choice and that he was going to the doctor's to make sure it wasn't something really serious.  Took him in to the pediatrician and found out he has a possible virus.

Wednesday it was Rhett's turn to go to the pulmonologist and I dressed up really nice to try to look professional. Seeing as Rhett HATES taking his medicine and when I tell him to take them I can walk away and he doesn't take them. I really try to get him to take it, but I am also running around trying to get kids up and out the door for school without a lot of help and support.  So when I tell him to take it I mean it, but he REALLY, REALLY HATES taking medicine, and tells me that the medicine doesn't work. So I went to work for 30 minutes and then had to leave to get Rhett. After we get to the doctor's office I raced him up the stairs. Well actually he took the elevator and took the stairs.  He had his PFT and then we met with the doctor. Yes he needed to have oxygen breaks between tests because the tests were for him to breathe into the machine and measure the force, pressure, and capacity of his lungs.  He was working really hard.  It was sad to watch him suffer and know that you can't do anything to help him. He had a really hard time blowing out fast and hard more so than before. His lung capacity stayed exactly the same according to the test, but the function of his lungs has dropped again. SIGH! So the doctor did look at me and asked Rhett if he was taking his medicine. Once he found out that Rhett doesn't like to take his medicine, which makes it so he doesn't take them everyday like he is suppose to. Then it was a "curse out" session from the doctor about Rhett needed to take the medicine everyday. We grabbed lunch and went back to school and work.

Thursday Rhett's appointment with the nephrologist really early so Rhett didn't go to school until after. We get there and he has on the border of high blood pressure and after giving a urine sample and talking with the doctor they really wanted to up the dose of medicine that he is suppose to take everyday. After Rhett telling the doctor that he only takes the medicine 1 day out of 7 days she scolded me and him for him not taking his medicine everyday. She informed him that if he doesn't take the medicine everyday he is at a high risk for stroke, heart attack, heart failure, kidney failure, or even eye damage. She told me that I should supervise him better and be more responsible and make him take his medicine, but also he is also almost 16 years old and should also step it up and take some responsibility for himself. She said to come back in a month after taking the medicine everyday. Nothing like getting ripped a new one for someones bad behavior and choices. after we were done we had lunch together and headed to school and work.

By the time Friday came I was so happy the week was over.  There were a few things that I had to run around and do after work but other than that it went actually smooth after all the other days that were a nightmare.  Of course this week there is more appointments that the kids have, I hope that it isn't going to be like last week.  At least this week the kids who have appointments are Nikole and Gavin.

As I have been dealing with all this stress and frustration, I was so thankful for Kim Hyun Joong. His music calms and builds me up. I have been listening to it non-stop unless I couldn't, like when I am talking to the doctor, or at work. Sometimes I can get away with it while I am talking to the doctor by leaving one ear bud in, but I think by that point I need to stay calm and his music is the only thing that does that for me right now.  Thank you Kim Hyun Joong, wish I could thank you in person.

I will have to keep you posted, on this week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers