Monday, March 16, 2015

Drama between Schools and Hypertension, Geez just take a break!

Yep he did it a whole day!  So proud of him.  He just handled it like a pro and I never knew if the kids stared at him for this machine going off or not.  But he acted like it was no big deal.
Portable blood pressure cuff

24 hours and he is done!
After dropping off the blood pressure cuff at the doctors and waiting out the results... They finally get in and the they are BAD!  How did I know?  Oh I think it was my power of observation and the fact that Rhett always seems winded and turning blue.  Just like the day he turned blue while we were talking to his teacher and we were meeting with the district superintendent to discuss the placement of the deaf high school kids.  Rhett was in his wheelchair and we were talking about the blood pressure cuff and letting her know that things might have to change but I wasn't sure what the doctors wanted to do with Rhett at that point.  But as we were talking we both stopped and looked at Rhett and he was blue.  I took these pictures but I am not sure if you can see the blueness around his lips and mouth.

Smart aleck, pulling off a grin as we are staring at him and his blueness!
Oh!  You can see the purple/blueness on his lips more from this angle.
After the blueness drama we went to the meeting and found out that the deaf high school students are safe from moving to a different school.  I also found out that the Jr high school that is a feeder school to Skyline doesn't have as many kids as the school that I work at or the one that Nikole attends.  So I talked to the superintendent about moving Nikole to this other school and the principle of Skyline and Churchill were so happy to have her and got me the paper right away.

So the nephrologist was trying to get a hold of the cardiologist to see if they could put Rhett on this certain medication and still hadn't heard anything. After a few days they finally made contact with each other and Rhett is now on some high blood pressure medication. He has to follow up with the doctor this month. Can't wait to see how they panic when I take him back in and he tells them he hates his meds and doesn't want to take them, ok well sometimes he takes them but he really doesn't like them and would rather not.  I figure he is a walking time bomb and it is a miracle that he is still alive and hasn't had a heart attack yet.  The doctors have been on his case about his Flovent, Adcirca, Singular, and Albuterol.  Now we are just adding to the list. SIGH...  I don't even have exact result from the blood pressure cuff.  I wish I could access them online but NO, that would make it way too easy for people to see their medical records.

I was finally able to turn the paper in and took her to see the Jr high school.  She fell in love with the school and the environment that was there and wanted to go to school on a Saturday just because she liked the school.  We also met with the principle and we got a registration card while we were there.

A week later this arrived in the mail.
And she is IN!  She is so excited.
She numbered the electives that she wanted and I just had to laugh at how much she really wants PE.
She asked her teachers except her history teacher what classes she should be in and they filled in the bubbles for her. Smarty pants! She can't believe that she is going to be in honors classes.  HAHA!!  Jokes on her.
We didn't want to use regular pens so we decided to use color pens.  It makes it so much better.
I have decided that Gavin will be going to the same school when he hits that age since the kids that he goes to school with right now will provoke him and cause him to have major problems, like fights and getting suspended.  He is smart enough to not do that but with him still learning how to control himself Jr high is going to be a HUGE struggle for him.

If I could move I would.  I am working on that since all my kids are struggling here with peers.  The only place they are not struggling is with people at church and we don't go often since everyone and there dog are sick right now and we are all recovering or are sick.  We are trying to avoid all illness if we can and if that means staying home from church, shot me.  I only go out when I have to go out.  I would love to get out more but goodness you know how hard it is getting out when your kids get sick so easy? No? Well it isn't easy to make sure you have all the oxygen to cover if the oxygen needs to increase or the suction machine in case Dylan gets so stuffy that he can't breathe very well, the wheelchair so you can actually walk around anywhere you go.  It takes so much that if we do leave it is after careful consideration of how long we are going to be gone and how it is going to affect everyone.

Ok, just thinking of that I am grateful for the music.  I honestly play it non-stop (except at work and a few other places).  But holy cow it calms me and for that I am forever grateful.

After April I might be able to say what my goals are this year that I am make happen and hitting.  I am doing them right now but I cannot say just yet what they are, but I am excited!  I am happy to be doing something for me and as I am doing that I am helping others.  Eek!  I am just so excited and it is killing me that I cannot say what it is but I think the wait is worth it. :)

I will update as soon as I can, with more pictures.  Sorry totally slacking here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers