Monday, February 23, 2015

Not quite done but functional

So I have had many people ask me how my bathroom is and I tell them not done but functional.  So here are all the picture that I have taken through the process.
The tile that we got a year ago that I had to match everything to. Let's just say I was hauling it around for a while try to get everything we were going to need for the bathroom before  demolition.
 Pardon our mess. I try to keep up on everything but I am also only one person. The next few pictures were before pictures that I took before I went running to the store to get everything.


Yes that is fake flooring. Someone thought it was going to be a good idea until we could afford to get everything to fix it all up, let's just say it had other plans.
As you can see other plans. this is all from the toilet. :(  It was a sad moment.
A close up of the fake floor. 

I know messy. sigh.
DUN DUN DUN!!!!  As I looked up I just wanted to cry.  We ran out of time, time for a new bathroom whether we could afford it or not.  No choice.
 After taking all these picture I headed out to the store.  I even made a list. Vanity, Mirror, Light, Paint, Tiles for the floor, Tiles for the wall, Wood for the floor, and everything for the floor.

I get back to this!  Holy CRAP!!!!!
Where did the toilet go? Ok now no toilet. Sigh. Anyone that has to pee???  TOO BAD!!!  HAHAHA!
What no sink either?  Ok I guess i expected that but wow this is the only bathroom.  It was a lot to take in.
Look at all that damage. (Head bowing and shaking in despair.)
Seriously it goes under the tub? :'(
Please tell me I am dreaming that is gross!!!
Oh good maybe I did dream it. but still gross!
I so DIDN'T dream it!  EWWWW!!!!
Found my wall!  I want my wall to look like that! No if and or but.
A skylight into the basement. We still need to get more of the damaged wood out. it is under the tub.
The end of the first day. Sigh there is still so much that we need to do.
Sorry it it blurry, but I was in a hurry. LOL! Potty run.


Call for help and help comes!  Jared and Crystal you are AWESOME!!!!  Thank you for helping us!!!
How the...... do we get the tub out in order to get to the bad wood?
1, 2, 3.... Lift! Try not to take out the wall.  HAHA!
It's out!!!  You are amazing!
What?!?! Cast Iron???  That sucker is heavy!!  Good job guys.  Still amazed. :)
Ok so the day is almost over.  We got as much done as we could until I get an idea.


How the..... are we suppose to take care of the water damage where we can't cut out the floor?  That means another trip to the store because you know, you can never get everything in one run.


Ok so I had fun patching holes. :)  It was something that I could do that didn't involve power tools, mostly because I had no idea what I was doing.
Yes I tried to put up drywall.  I did it wrong.  Like I said earlier, no idea what or how I am suppose to do this.
He fixed it.
Before primer/sealer on the floor.
After primer/sealer.


Since the old tub had to come out the new tub went in.  Thankfully it is not cast iron.  Like I could move the other tub.

We might have a bathroom before too long. :) Sweet!!
Before working on the bathroom, as I was headed to the store, again.



After working on the bathroom. (I can't breathe!)  I think I might have over did it on the patching. LOL!!!
Dusty chair. Dusty everything in the house. Oh well.

Primed the walls. Ok this is taking longer than I thought it was going to take. Sigh!


The first coat of paint.  How come we have to wait between coats?

Putting the floor stuff down!  Starting on the floor finally!!!

Yes I painted the closet by myself, thank you!
Starting to figure out the tiles for the floor. What about the wall?? (Worried)

Looking good.  Can we go faster?
Oh yes we need this for the wall.  It better be element proof. Tornado, earthquake, flood, mud slide, tsunami, and every other natural disaster that could happen.  It is going to be the only room standing!
Filling the gaps around the tub since it is going to be element proof. :)

Had to sand again this time so I can get ready for the wall tiles.  It is finally going to get done! Happy dance!


The first coat.  Yes it is still wet since it is pink.
Now it is dry and ready for the second coat!
I lost count of how many coats that I actually put up on the wall.
Yes we made a spread sheet of the wall how it is going to look before we started, since I want that pattern remember.
And we begin!

It is getting futher away from the wall the more we go up. CRAP!!!!!!  I thought this was going to go quickly.
Ready to scream!
So what do we do?  Rip them all down and call it a night.
I was so upset.  What did I do? Call the reinforcements! :)
Thank you Jared and Nicky!!!  You saved me again! :)  So blessed.
Almost out of adhesive leave them like this.
Get back to this!!  One wall down and two more to go then on to the floor.
Ok this wall went so much faster then the first wall.  LOL!!

Two walls finished. Well mostly finished.
One more left to go.
It only took 4-5 days to get it all done. :)
Now we only need to worry about the little tiny strips that go down to the floor and the floor then we will seal it all and be done.  But we have to let the sealer do it's job for a few days.  That means doing nothing for a few days.
Finished onto the floor!

Cutting tile until 2 am so we could get the tile cutter back to Jason.  Thank you Jason for letting us borrow it for so long.  Sorry it took us so long to get it back to you, but we are ever so grateful!

Ready for Grout!
Ok except for the little piece he is working on.
Grouting was so much easier than I thought it was going to be, considering it took forever to get to that point.
Grouting done!!!  On to the floor!!!


This mortar wasn't to his liking.
So I starting putting down the mortar and he could lay the tiles.
That is the second bucket of mortar.  That is a lot of mortar for a little room.  LOL!  Remember not sure what I am doing.
Finished with messy hands. Try taking a picture with mortar all over your hands and not get your phone dirty.  HAHA!
He is finishing up while I try to figure out if there is anything else I can do. 
The toilet hole.  He was proud of himself and so was the tile workers I showed the picture to at the home improvement stores.

We still needed to put up the baseboards but they are also going to tile so I am not worried.  It is just a waiting game.

Baseboards are up now it is on to grout!

Looks good if you ask me.  It has to be finished soon right?






Everything is sealed and ready!  YES!!!
I knew this was going to happen. but getting a vanity like we had was only special order and that is so not going to happen.
Has to be done in days.
We will survive without a sink until we can get some help with the water.






IT WORKS!!!!  Sing praises. :)
A working toilet and shower.  What more could I ask for after a month and a half without one? :)



Got help with the water and have a working sink. Even if the counter top isn't attached. Who cares?


Love the light switches and outlet!
They glow!
Yes I picked a glowing outlet so the kids would know which way the bathroom was in the middle of the night.  HAHA!
This is where we are at still as of today.



Still not done but functional!  Glad I don't have to leave in the freezing cold weather to use the bathroom anymore.  It was hard enough in November and December but to have to do it even now would be so frustrating!  For anyone planning on a bathroom remodel make sure you have another bathroom in the house so you don't need to leave to use the bathroom or get ready in the mornings.

Figure I would let you know it isn't done, but it works and that I am grateful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kids

Kids
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers